Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of fishing do you do?
For private hires we do trawling and jigging for large fish as well as baiting for big tuna depending on the season. For sharing trips we only do trawling.
- Can I use my own tackle, rod, reel, lures, hooks?
Yes, as long as it is good enough for the job, but we do have everything needed, if you have a favourite rod & reel etc. you would like to use, then just bring it along.
- Do I need a fishing license for my fishing trip with you?
No, we have a 'Collective' fishing license which covers all our passengers for the Big Game fishing and the bottom and shark fishing.
- Do you supply safety equipment?
Yes, Sailfisher2 are regularly inspected by marine engineers and have all obligatory saftey equipment on board plus extra equipment not even required by law for extra security,
- How much time is actually spent fishing on the trip? Is it a long journey to the fishing grounds?
We don't waste any time getting to the fishing grounds beacause as we leave the harbour we immediately set out the trolling lures as the water is very deep close to the coastline. Tenerife is a volcanic island deep in the Atlanctic ocean and we can and have caught very big Game fish in less than a mile from the shore in average depths of between 30 and 100 mts and that is no further than 1/2 a kilometer from coast.
- Are there English speaking crew on the boat?
Yes there is always an English speaking person on board
- Is it better to fish in the morning or afternoon,
We can fish any time of day here, and we do not have much change in tide heights in this part of the world. Also the water is very deep all around the coastline There is one species of tuna called the 'Albacore' which do not like the midday/high Sun, but the rest of the species we target are not affected.